Raffle, Tombola or Auction prizes
We've always got functions on the go where we are grateful to receive any unwanted gifts to use as prizes in the many raffles, tombolas or auctions that we organise.
If your place of work can donate goods of any description, we will always be grateful for them - if not for prizes, we can sell them in our charity shop.
Singers, Dancers, Musicians wanted
Our members come to our Day Centre five days a week and we try to lay on as much entertainment for them as possible. We have had some wonderful people come in and donate their services free - whether it's for one afternoon only or one afternoon a week. If you could entertain our members on a one-off or regular basis in any way, shape or form - singing, dancing, accordion-playing, hairdressing, manicuring, or offering a therapy - we would love to hear from you.
It has been proven that singing can help 'rewire' damaged brains and if you could come and run a singing group, that would be wonderful.
Could you display a collecting tin for us at your business, place of work, club or Church? If so, please contact Celia Riley on 01702 546476.
100 Ways to Help us
- Raffle why not hold one for us - where you work, at your club, at your Church, wherever!
- Dress down day - could you hold one for us at work (pay £1 a head for the privilege) fine those that don't join in £2!
- Hold a competition at work for the worst tie or get everyone to come in wearing a silly hat or in fancy-dress
- Display a collecting tin for us at your business or ask your local chemist, doctor's surgery, library, gym etc. if they will display one for us
- Donate your old cast-offs (someone else will just love the jumper Aunty Mabel knitted you with the orange reindeer on it) to our charity shop
- Go and browse in our charity shop and see if you can't unearth an amazing bargain
- Volunteer to do a few hours in our charity shop or help with fundraising
- Leaflets - distribute some for us
- Ask the Secretary of your club or society if Peaceful Place can come and speak at one of your get-togethers
- Let us print something about Peaceful Place in your company newsletter, school newsletter or church magazine
- Sponsor one of our events or advertise in our newsletter (please ask for details)
- Commission - offer us commission on sales generated by us, and we will include your business in the directory on our website
- Re-cycle old mobile phones, printer cartridges or other goods for cash on our behalf
- BOGOF - buy one, get one free (give free one to us!)
- Open Garden - do you have a gorgeous garden with gigantic gardenias or a woeful garden with a wealth of weeds? - either way, hold an open garden for us and charge people to admire it or sympathise with you.
- Sweepstakes - hold a sweepstake on a big horse-race, who is going to win the World Cup, or other sporting occasions
- Come Dine with Me - hold a meal event and invite friends charging so much per head, this could be an evening meal or an afternoon tea - the choice is yours!
- Christmas cards - instead of sending each other Christmas cards, why not agree to donate a small amount each to Peaceful Place instead
- Legacies - when drawing up your Will, why not leave Peaceful Place a donation to carry on its good work in the future
- Restaurant meals - many restaurants will offer a cash back for charities on certain nights, if you're going out with a group anyway, why not ask the restaurant if they will do this (we can give you a list of a few names around Southend on request)
- Sponsored events - why not organise a sponsored run, walk, diet, hair-wax, or be sponsored to stop smoking.
- Form a 100 club. 100 people pay in a small amount each week, 50% of money is given out as 1st and 2nd prize, the rest is given to Peaceful Place!!
- !!%??!%! Have a swear box at work and charge per swear word (of course we are not condoning this, just profitting from it!)
- Party Plan - hold a Virgin Vie, Body Shop, Phoenix card, jewellery party and donate the commissionForm a 100 club. 100 people pay in a small amount each week, 50% of money is given out as 1st and 2nd prize, the rest is given to charityForm a 100 club. 100 people pay in a small amount each week, 50% of money is given out as 1st and 2nd prize, the rest is given to charity